Scalability is the keyword for this microscope. It is designed as a modular system allowing for the addition of many peripherals and applications to meet varying job requirements.
Most of the accessories for other Olympus microscopes are available for the BX53 including:
- Ceramic coated coaxial stage with optional rubber grips.
- Motorized filter turrets for fluorescent illumination are available. No tools are needed to add or remove filter cubes. Also, a large selection of custom cubes for single, dual and triple stained specimens are available.
- Optional illumination options are available to meet different viewing needs. A 100W halogen light source for brightfield and contrast observations; 100W mercury light; 75W xenon, LED, and metal halide illumination systems for fluorescence microscopy.
- Multiple head viewing attachments allow for as many as 18 viewers to examine a specimen simultaneously. A built-in pointer allows teachers to direct students’ attention to precise areas of interest.
- Dual camera ports allow you to attach multiple cameras for digital imaging and spectral microscopy.
- A full range of polarized light accessories including rotating ball-bearing stages with vernier scales, orthoscopic polarizing attachment, and conoscopic polarizing attachment.
Olympus microscopes are noted for versatility and the scalability of this unit will allow for accessory modules to be added to meet currently unanticipated needs.
The lack of full computer integration in a unit designed for high end professional use is disappointing.
- Hard to find latest model upright fluorescent microscope.
- Eight Dichroic Filter Cube Capacity in Reflector Turret.
- If you have a huge budget, then buy it new from Olympus America Corporation. If cost is a concern, get the same thing here at a great savings. But hurry, as this will not last long. We checked all over and failed to find even one of these BX43 fluorescent upright microscopes out there for sale, outside of buying it new. We only have this one available.
- BX53F Frame.
- U-SVRB-4 Mechanical Stage with low position XY slide movement. Right hand configuration.
- U-D6RE Six Place Sextuple Revolving Nosepiece for Objectives. Has blank slider. Useful for both DIC and simple Polarizing.
- U-AC2 Abbe Condenser with 1.10 numerical aperature and iris diaphragm, for use with 4x to 100x objective magnifications. Note: Photos were taken with U-LC Condenser (0.75 numerical aperature)(low magnification condenser). When using the high aperature 60x and 100x objectives, the U-AC2 condenser is needed. We have included the U-AC2 instead of the U-LC.
- U-LH100-3, 12V-100W bottom rear externally mounted transmitted illumination. Halogen bulb. This is very bright compared to the standard 30W halogen as on other models. This intense illumination makes the BX53 model ideal for darkfield microscopy and phase contrast microscopy.
- BX3-URA Universal Reflected Illuminator. Vertical Illuminator for Reflected Fluorescence Imaging. With mirror turret.
- U-TTR-2 Trinocular Viewing Head.
- Ergonomic and Inclinable binoculars for ease of viewing with less neck and back strain.
- Eyepieces: WHN10X-H/22 and WHN10X/22.
- Photography Camera and Video Port on the top of the head.
- Ability for all light to binoculars, all light to camera port, or split image to both.
- UPlanFl 4X/0.13, /-.
- UPlanApo 10x/0.40, 0.17mm.
- UPlanApo 20x/0.70, 0.17mm.
- UPlanApo 40x/1.0, /0.17mm, Oil Immersion. Iris Diaphragm (N.A. 0.5-1.0).
- PlanApo 60x/1.40, Oil Immersion. 0.17mm.
- UPlanApo 100x/1.35, /0.17mm, Oil Immersion. Iris Diaphragm (N.A. 0.5-1.35).
- Note: We can provide different lenses as per user’s application requirements.
- Prior Lumen 200. By Prior Scientific.
- 200W Metal Halide.
- Up to 20 times longer bulb life than traditional HBO mercury vapor lamps, and similar spectral output.
- None of the typical time consuming alignment of HBO with this simple fiber optic cable system.
Fluorescence Filter Cubes:
- The turret has space for a maximum of eight cubes.
- The microscope came with these three filter cubes plus five blank cubes.
These three filter cubes are like-new:
- Excitation filter BP540-550
- Emission filter BA575-625
- Dicromatic filter DM570
- Excitation filter BP470-495
- Emission filter BA510IF
- Dicromatic filter DM505
- Excitation filter BP360-370
- Emission filter BA420IF
- Dicromatic filter DM410
We can provide customized filter sets as per customer’s requirements. We are a dealer for Chroma. Chroma supplies Olympus with their dichroic filters.
- Frame is marked “Made in Japan”. Has volt rating: 100-120/220-240V, 50/60Hz.
- Includes a UV shield but it is not shown in the photos.
- Includes LBD. Equivalent daylight balanced filter for halogen illumination.
- Includes ND6 and ND25 Neutral density filters, selectable on bottom of frame.
- Lots of original factory-provided printed manuals and instructions.
- Unit comes with all needed power cords, but they are not shown in the images.
- The condition of this instrument is like new. We didn’t even need to clean it when it arrived. We only dusted it off. It appeared to never have been used. We did add some additional UPlanApo lenses to what it already had.
History of this Instrument:
- This instrument came from the recently shuttered Olympus Corporation’s U.S. Biotechnology Division, Olympus Biotech. All commercial operations ended there this past May 30, 2014. This fluorescent microscope was barely used. It was not discarded due to something being defective like often times happens with used laboratory equipment.
- Read about the facility’s closure.
- Optional U-LC Condenser (shown in the photos, but the ad will include a U-AC2 condenser to better match for the high numerical objectives). With the U-LC comes the auxiliary lens for the U-LC condenser that must be fitted to the light collector lens when using the U-LC. A mounting tool will be included if this option is selected. The manual explains the usage and installation.
- Optional Olympus DP72 Camera. With U-TV1XC adapter. One photo shows the DP72 camera mounted but it is not included in the price. It can be obtained separately.
- Optional SWH10X-H/26.5 (qty 2, Super Wide Field Eyepieces)(Field width is 26.5mm instead of 22mm).
- Optional U-POT Polarizer that fits above the field iris diaphragm, below the condenser.
- Optional U-ANT Analyzer that fits above the nosepiece in the slider.
- Optional U-FDICT cube. Note that this cube is not used for fluorescence.
|Optical system||UIS2 optical system|
|Focus||Coaxial coarse and fine focus with stage up and down mechanism
Focus stroke 25 mm
Coarse stroke 15 mm/rotation
Fine stroke 100 μm/rotation
Graduation on fine focus 1 μm
Prefocusing limit stopper and torque adjustment on coarse focus
|Illuminator||Built-in Koehler illumination for transmitted light
Light intensity LED indicator, Built-in filters (LBD-IF, ND6, ND25) 12 V, 100 W halogen bulb (pre-centered)
|Revolving nosepiece||Interchangeable reversed quintuple/sextuple/septuple nosepiece
Encoding optional with septuble nosepiece
Motorized septuple revolving nosepiece
|Observation tube||Widefield tilting, telescopic and lifting binocular, inclined -3°-27°
Widefield tilting trinocular, inclined 5°–35°
Widefield trinocular, inclined 30°
Widefield erect image trinocular, inclined 30°
Widefield tilting binocular, inclined 5°–35°
Widefield ergo binocular, inclined 0°–25°
Widefield binocular, inclined 30°
Super widefield trinocular, inclined 24°
Super widefield erect image trinocular, inclined 24°
|Stage||Ceramic-coated coaxial stage with left or right hand low drive control, with rotating mechanism and torque adjustment mechanism, optional ergo grips available (Non stick coated grooved coaxial, plain, rotatable stages are also available)|
|Condenser||Swing out achromatic condenser (N.A. 0.9), for 1.25x–100x (swing-out: 1.25x–4x)
Achromatic aplanatic condenser (N.A. 1.4), for 10x–100x
Phase contrast, darkfield condenser (N.A. 1.1), [phase contrast: for 10x–100x, darkfield: for 10x–100x (up to N.A. 0.80)]
Universal condenser (N.A. 0.9), for 1.25x–100x [swing-out: 1.25x–4x,with oil top lens:(N.A. 1.4)]
Low magnification condenser (N.A. 0.75), for 2x–100x (Dry)
Ultra low magnification condenser (N.A. 0.16), for 1.25x–4x
Darkfield dry condenser (N.A. 0.8–0.92), for 10x–100x
Darkfield oil condenser (N.A. 1.20–1.40), for 10x–100x
Motorized universal condenser (N.A. 0.9, motorized 8-position turret, Aperture stop, polarizing filter in/out mechanism and top lens swing out mechanism), for 1.25x–100x [swing-out 1.25x-4x, with oil top lens: (N.A. 1.4)]
|Fluorescence illuminator||Manual reflected fluorescence, 8-position mirror turret unit, encoded with tool-free exchange of filter cubes
Motorized reflected fluorescence, 8-position mirror turret unit, encoded with tool-free exchange of filter cubes
|Fluorescence light source||100 W Hg apo lamp housing and transformer
100 W Hg lamp housing and transformer
75 W Xe lamp housing and transformer
Fibre coupled metal-halide lightsources
Fibre coupled LED lightsource
|Controller||Optional: Control box for semi-motorised setups|
|Operating environment||Indoor use
Ambient temperature: 5 ºC to 40 ºC (41 ºF to 104 ºF)
Maximum relative humidity: 80% for temperatures up to 31º C (88 ºF), decreasing linearly through 70% at 34 ºC (93 ºF), 60% at 37 ºC (99 ºF), to 50% relative humidity at 40 ºC (104 ºF)
Supply voltage fluctuations: Not to exceed ±10% of the normal voltage